Subway is an easy and fresh lunchtime option that always satisfies, which is why it is one of the most popular food destinations in the world. Being able to pick up a custom sandwich filled to the brim with fresh ingredients in under ten minutes is hard to pass up.
But if you order your sandwich warmed up and then save half for later, is all that melty goodness gone?
Reheating Subway sandwiches is an easy task to bring back the flavor and melty goodness you ordered the first time. Subway sandwiches can easily be reheated in the oven, microwave or toaster oven at home or in your office.
Just because a sandwich was originally warm when you ordered it doesn’t mean you have to throw away any portion that you don’t finish. Simply throw it in a ziploc bag or some saran wrap to preserve it and place it into the refrigerator until you wish to finish the rest.
Ways To Reheat A Subway Sandwich
Reheating a subway sandwich is a quick and easy way to bring it back to life. While an oven or toaster oven is the best way to maintain quality of all ingredients, a microwave will also accomplish what you need it to.
Reheating A Subway Sandwich In The Oven
Reheating a subway sandwich in the oven provides more guarantee that all of your toppings will remain fresh and delicious through the heating process. To do so:
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place your sandwich directly on the rack of the oven.
- Allow to cook for about ten minutes, until thoroughly heated.
- Use caution when removing the sandwich and allow it to cool for about 2 minutes.
Reheating A Subway Sandwich In The Toaster Oven
The only downside to reheating a subway sandwich in the oven is the wait time for it to preheat. If you do not want to wait that long but still want to conserve that quality sandwich, give the toaster oven a try. Here’s how:
- Preheat your toaster oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit on the “warm” setting.
- Place your sandwich directly on the rack of the toaster oven. Make sure it is not too big to fit, if it is, try placing it diagonally on the rack to buy some more space.
- Allow the sandwich to cook for about 5-10 minutes, until heated through.
- Carefully remove the sandwich from the toaster oven, allowing it to cool for about two minutes before enjoying.
Reheating A Subway Sandwich In The Microwave
If you are looking to reheat your subway sandwich as quickly as possible, the microwave method is the one for you. Microwaving allows you to reheat your sandwich while in a time crunch while still preserving the delicious masterpiece you created earlier.
To reheat your sandwich in the microwave, follow these steps:
- Place your sandwich on a microwave safe dish or paper towel.
- Heat on high for 30 seconds.
- CHeck the temperature of the sandwich. If additional time is needed, heat in thirty second intervals until desired temperature is reached.
- Do not overheat as this will compromise the quality of some ingredients on your sandwich.
Reheating a subway sandwich is a great way to bring it back to that freshly made state without consuming a large chunk of your time or energy. If your sandwich was originally toasted and warm when you got it, there is no reason that you shouldn’t be able to enjoy it in the same delicious way hours later.
Subway sandwiches can be reheated quickly in ten minutes or even faster if using a microwave. Depending on your amount of time available to reheat your sandwich, all options are considerable when trying to choose the best one for you.
If you are not in a rush to get your food heated back up, the oven is a great way that preserves all the tastiness of your sandwich.
Stuck in the office while trying to enjoy your leftover subway sandwich? As long as you have a microwave available, there is nothing standing in the way of you enjoying your sandwich in all its hot, delicious glory whenever you want to. Just pop that baby into the microwave and enjoy it less than a minute later.
Whatever way you choose to reheat, your sandwich will still be just as delicious as when you ordered it from the counter.
Tiffany McCauley is a celebrated food and travel journalist and cookbook author known for her engaging stories on culinary adventures and cultural insights. With a background featuring collaborations with notable brands and publications, Tiffany brings a wealth of experience and a fresh perspective to Fanatically Food, where she champions taste, sustainability, and the art of cooking. Read More Here