You might not be surprised to hear that McDonald’s french fries are the best selling fast food item of all time. McDonald’s manages to combine the right amount of crispiness and saltiness while keeping the price reasonable with a combo meal. The combo meals can mean a lot of food for some, so if you get full or interrupted while eating – you might want to reheat.
There are multiple ways to reheat McDonald’s fries. You could use an air fryer for the best results, but a microwave or oven works too. Here is some more detail about how to best reheat your fries depending on what kitchen appliances you have.
I have a microwave. How can I use it to reheat my McDonald’s fries?
First if your microwave came with a crisper pan, definitely use it here. You can also use a dash of vegetable oil or olive oil to maintain moisture.
- Place a paper towel on a crisper plate or a microwave safe plate. Add the fries to the paper towel on the plate. You can also add a dash or olive oil or vegetable oil to maintain crispiness and moisture.
- Your microwave probably won’t have a specific setting for fries. Set the timer for about 20 seconds and repeatedly microwave until they are as hot as you desire.
- Remove, check for crispiness, and eat them!
Can I reheat them in the box?
The box is made of light cardboard. The box is actually safe for microwaving, but its rather unlikely the best container for heating up your fries to get the best results. Unless you don’t have microwave or oven safe dishes available, we don’t suggest using the box for any heat up method.
Does my oven reheat McDonald’s fries well?
You certainly can! The method is very similar to using the microwave.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the fries on a oven safe dish. Spread them out so they aren’t touching. This is important because fries that are touching are unlikely to heat evenly.
- Spread some olive oil or vegetable oil on the fries.
- Put the fries in the oven. We suggest 5-10 minutes. You should check the heat periodically for your own heat preferences.
- Remove the oven safe dish. You should use a spatula to remove the fries safely.
Could you tell me more about reheating McDonald’s fries in an air frier?
Air friers are a strongly suggested method of heating up fries. They provide the best taste and the most similar cooking process to McDonald’s own fryers. Not all households have an air fryer, but we are happy to help list the method anyway.
- Preheat your air fryer to low to medium heat. If you have a digital temperature dial, try 400 degrees.
- Open the basket and be careful as you are dealing with hot oil. Place the fries in the basket. Close the air fryer
- Wait about 3 minutes, or potentially longer if you want hotter fries.
Another method involves removing the fries after a couple minutes then shaking the fries and adding oil. This is not necessary but could meet your fry preferences.
Most foods in an air fryer will be done slower than McDonald’s fries. Your McDonald’s fries are skinnier than most fries, like steak fries, and should heat up faster than average. In addition, they have been cooked before.
How about a toaster oven for my McDonald’s fries?
Some people don’t like to use microwaves, but might have a toaster oven. A toaster oven uniquely heats up relatively quickly and typically comes with a crisper tray designed for the toaster oven.
- Much like the oven, preheat the toaster oven to 400 degrees.
- Put fries in the toaster tray. Put some oil on the fries as well.
- Put the fries in the toaster oven. Close the door completely.
- Heat for about 7 minutes.
- Check the fries for desire heat and crispiness.
- Remove the tray using oven mitts and get the fries off the tray with a spatula for the safest method.
Would a skillet work for reheating McDonald’s fries?
Skillets are found in most kitchens and can often be used on the stovetop or in the oven. Here are steps for the more common stovetops method.
- Turn the skillet to medium or high heat. McDonald’s fries are served hot for a reason!
- Coat the skillet with some vegetable oil or olive oil to maintain crispiness and remove stickiness.
- Put the fries in the skillet. Try to separate them completely if possible so avoid having uneven cooking.
- Cook fries for a few minutes until they are as hot as wished.
No matter which kitchen appliances you have, you can safely and easily reheat McDonald’s fries by using our instructions. You can also get pretty close to the original glory of the hot, salty, and crispy taste you wanted. Also, if you happen to have an air fryer you can learn what else to cook in there from frozen.