The ever so wonderful souffle. An extremely versatile and fun dish, originating in France. It is an egg based dish that can be made to be sweet or savory, for breakfast or dessert. It’s perfectly light, airy, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, everybody loves them.
The beauty of souffle is that while they are delicious fresh, they are also equally delicious reheated. You have a few options when it comes to reheating souffle. You can either poop it back into the oven, you can reheat it in the air fryer, or you can even microwave them for the fastest results!
Reheating souffles isn’t as challenging as it may seem. They will come out just as perfect as they were when they were made, if you do it correctly. However, keep in mind that no matter how you reheat your souffle it won’t rise as much as it did when it was first made. Here is how you can reheat your souffles.
Reheating souffles in the oven will get you the best results when it comes to a reheated souffle. Though they won’t rise as much, there is a better chance of them getting to a similar height as they were freshly made.
- POWERFUL AIR CIRCULATION FOR EVENLY BROWNED FOOD WITH LITTLE TO NO OIL: The Sure-Crisp air fry convection function circulates air around food as it cooks, creating crispy and delicious fries, chicken wings, steaks, fish, vegetables and more.
- AIR FRYER OVEN COMBO WITH 4 VERSATILE COOKING OPTIONS: You get the convenience and deliciousness of crispy air frying along with all the classic toaster oven functions you love: toasting, baking and broiling.
- 4 SLICE CAPACITY PROVIDES PLENTY OF COOKING SPACE: This toaster oven with air fryer has room for everything you cook, from 4 slices of toast to a 9″ pizza, a 3 lb. chicken in an 8″ x 8″ pan or a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan.
- INCLUDES METAL AIR-FRY BASKET, BAKE PAN AND BROIL RACK. The air fryer oven comes with all the accessories you need to air fry, bake, broil, and toast, plus a slide-out crumb tray.
- EXCELLENT COOKING AND TOASTING PERFORMANCE: Quality heating elements provide precise, accurate temperatures from 200° to 450°F and even cooking without hot spots.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Place souffle onto a baking pan
- Bake until it begins to rise again, this is usually around 6 minutes
- Add extra vegetables on top for serving, or powdered sugar if it’s a sweet souffle
Reheating your souffle in the air fryer is another excellent way to warm that souffle back up. If you have one, it is better to use it instead of the oven to reheat something small like souffles because you don’t have to heat up the whole oven for something that doesn’t take such a long time. The air fryer also heats quickly because it’s smaller.
- Preheat your air fryer to 320 degrees F
- Place the souffle directly in the air fryer, or in the air basket
- Bake until it begins to rise, this takes about 5 minutes, but keep a very close eye on the souffle in the air fryer as it will reheat very quickly and you don’t want it to overcook
- Add extra vegetables or powdered sugar to serve
- LESS FAT: Now enjoy guilt-free food. Air fry with up to 75% less fat than traditional frying methods.* *Tested against hand-cut, deep-fried French fries.
- WIDE TEMPERATURE RANGE: 105°F-400°F allows you to gently remove moisture from foods or quickly cook and crisp foods with convection heat.
- FAMILY-SIZED CAPACITY: 4-quart ceramic-coated nonstick basket and crisper plate fit 2 lbs of French fries.
- 4-IN-1 VERSATILITY: Includes 4 versatile cooking programs: Air Fry, Roast, Reheat, and Dehydrate.
- DEHYDRATE: Create flat, chip-like dehydrated foods for fun, homemade snacks. The combination of low fan speed and low temperature enables thorough dehydration.
The microwave is a great way to reheat a souffle very quickly. It also works best to reheat frozen souffles quickly if you do not have time to thaw them. Luckily, even though souffles are egg based, they have other components that make them okay to microwave, you wouldn’t want to just microwave an egg!
- To reheat a frozen souffle, simply place the souffle on a microwave safe dish
- Microwave to 5-6 minutes
- To reheat a fully thawed souffle, place on a microwave safe dish
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes
- Pre-programmed buttons for popcorn, potato, pizza, frozen vegetable, beverage and dinner plate
- 700 Watts with 10 power settings, clock and kitchen timer, 30 Seconds Express Cooking
- Large LED digital display, easy-to-read control panel, child safety lock, interior light, removable 10” glass turntable
- Push-button door release for easy access
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 17.3” x 13.0” x 10.2”
How To Store Souffles
It’s not hard to save fresh souffles either. There are a couple ways you can go about this that will keep your souffle tasting fresh and ready to be reheated whenever you are ready. Here is what you can do.
Store in the Fridge
To store in the fridge, simply wrap in plastic wrap, or place in a bowl wrapped in plastic wrap or an air-tight lid. You can save a souffle in the fridge for up to 3 days, but keep in mind the longer you wait to eat it, the less fresh it will taste.
Store in Freezer
The best way to store a souffle for long periods of time is to freeze it. You can wrap the entire souffle tightly with plastic wrap, then wrap again with tin foil. A souffle will last for up to one month in the freezer.
The souffle is a wonderful dish and can easily be made days ahead of time and saved in the fridge. Since they are so easy to reheat, why wouldn’t you! It’s great brunch preparation. You can even store them in the fridge for long term saving, then simply thaw it in the microwave.
Tiffany McCauley is a celebrated food and travel journalist and cookbook author known for her engaging stories on culinary adventures and cultural insights. With a background featuring collaborations with notable brands and publications, Tiffany brings a wealth of experience and a fresh perspective to Fanatically Food, where she champions taste, sustainability, and the art of cooking. Read More Here