Starbucks sandwiches make for a great breakfast, especially when combined with coffee or tea.
So whether you want to keep your sandwich for later or got one too many, you can still enjoy it. Starbucks sandwiches will typically go bad after sitting out for about two hours. You would have to heat it to get the most out of it.
You can heat your Starbucks sandwiches at home with just a few steps. Whether it’s a panini or a grilled cheese, you can learn to heat your sandwiches like a pro.
How to store Starbucks sandwiches
If you have leftovers, it is important to store them properly to preserve their freshness. You can store the sandwich in a cooler by wrapping it first with wax paper. Then place it in a ziplock bag, this will keep it moisture-free in the cooler for days.
To store in the freezer, wrap tightly and place in the freezer. Even though the sandwich will last for about two months, it’s not recommended. It is best to consume your sandwich within days.
How to heat a Starbucks panini
The microwave and oven are typically the best ways to warm up your sandwich without much hassle.
Using a microwave
It is quite easy to screw this up but you can pull this off if you follow the steps. The first step is to remove the wrappings covering the sandwich.
- Wrap the panini in a paper towel. Leaving the bread in the wrapper could result in soggy or dry bread.
- Preheat the microwave at full power for four to five minutes.
- Place the sandwich in the microwave and heat for thirty seconds on each side until properly done.
- Make sure to keep an eye on the sandwich and keep flipping it to make sure it’s evenly heated.
- Repeat the process until the sandwich is crisp and done.
Tip: Do not wrap the Starbucks sandwich in aluminum foil or any plastic wrap. Use medium heat as high heat will burn the bread and use a crisper tray rather than the microwave tray. It also helps to separate the sandwich instead of stacking them before heating, remember to flip at regular intervals.
Using the oven
If you have a little more time on your hands then pop open the microwave. This method warms up your Starbucks sandwich more uniformly.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For a more golden crust, butter each side of the panini.
- Place the panini on a baking tray or plate.
- Warm for about five minutes.
- Flip the sandwich and repeat for another five minutes.
- It is important to monitor the sandwich.
- When completely warmed, remove from the oven and serve.
This way you’re sure to get an evenly heated sandwich.
Can you reheat a Starbucks-grilled cheese sandwich?
Yes, you can absolutely reheat your grilled cheese sandwich. You can warm it up and still retain that crispy bread with the melts inside. It is not advisable to use a microwave as you could end up with a soggy sandwich.
Reheating in a pan
Reheating the bread is probably the best way to eat a grilled cheese sandwich. If you don’t mind the clean-up afterward then follow these steps.
- Grease the pan with some butter.
- Place the bread on the pan and allow to fry.
- To prevent the bread from drying out without heating up, cover the pan with a lid.
- The trapped heat will allow the sandwich to warm through and through.
- Fry the bread on each side until it’s perfectly done.
Using a sandwich grill
Another great technique for heating your grilled cheese.
- Place the sandwich on the grill and allow to heat.
- Do not try to lock the grill closed. You might break the sandwich so let it close as much as it can.
- Heat until the bread is crispy and the sandwich is properly warmed up.
Using the oven/broiler
If your oven has the broiler option then you can try this.
- Wrap the sandwich in aluminum foil.
- Heat it through first.
- Remove the foil and transfer the sandwich to a plate.
- Proceed to warm while flipping the sandwich.
- Once it’s done, remove and serve.
Using a grill
This is great if you have a grill and feel like experimenting with your sandwich.
- Warm up the grill.
- Wrap the sandwich in aluminum foil as the grill can get quite hot.
- Place the sandwich on the grill and cover with the lid.
- Heat up for a few minutes and then remove the wrap and continue.
- When it’s done, remove and serve.
How to reheat a frozen Starbucks sandwich
The recommended way is to remove the sandwich from the freezer and transfer it to the fridge to defrost. You should do this for a couple of hours or overnight before warming.
This would prevent the development and spread of microbes because of the low temperature. If you are in a hurry then just pop the sandwich in the oven. Make sure to increase the cooking time by about five minutes so that it warms up perfectly.
Safety first, always! The last thing you want is an under-heated sandwich. So, post-reheat ,always do a quick check by feeling the middle.
This ensures it’s hot enough, warding off any bacterial growth. Another lesson learned? Those fillings, especially cheese, can get scathingly hot. Tread carefully!
Pairing sandwiches with drinks has become a bit of an art for many. For instance, a spicy chicken sandwich, with its robust flavors, finds its perfect match in a warming chai latte.
On the other hand, a sweet breakfast sandwich seems to dance harmoniously with the notes of a caramel macchiato.
Customizing your Starbucks Sandwich
After reheating, sometimes you might feel the need to spruce up your sandwich. Whether it’s adding fresh avocado slices, a drizzle of your favorite sauce, or even just a sprinkle of some exotic seasoning, these little additions breathe new life into your meal, making it both familiar and exciting.
Now you know how to heat your Starbucks sandwiches nice and easy. These methods work well for most Starbucks sandwiches as long as you follow the steps.
Avoid reheating your sandwich twice as it can greatly increase the risk of bacterial growth. Eat whatever you warm up and discard the rest of it.